Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekly Email 11-28-10

Hello Everyone!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  ^_^
 
Good news!  We’ve reached triple digits in our team membership!  102 people!  That’s awesome!
 
Alright, on to the list of business topics to cover:
 
1. Local Sales-  I thought it might be nice to get a list together of who offers local pickup, local delivery, free shipping, or who owns a local store.  Free shipping with local pickup/delivery is a great way to make local sales!  If you are interested or already offer this service, please send me your shop name by Thursday at 5:00.  I’ll compile a list of these shops and send them out in the next email.
 
2. Featured seller- I’ve received positive feedback about the idea of having a featured seller.  This person would write a quick bio, quick advice to other shops, and include favorite items, shops, etc.  Any volunteers to be the first to be featured?  Just let me know if you’re interested!
 
3. Group Sale- I’ve also heard a lot of positive feedback about having a group sale, but I still don’t have any ideas of when or where we could do it.  It doesn’t look like CraftyFeast will be held this winter.  If you know of any other craft shows or events where we could sell, please let me know!
 
4. Holiday Party- I’ve also seen a lot of interest in having a holiday party.  It would be a great opportunity to meet everyone.  Everyone would bring a small $5-$10 gift from their shop to exchange.  It would last about 1.5-2 hours.
 
I think the best time to have this party would some evening (about 6:00 or 7:00) between December 11th and 14th (tentatively).  I’ll have to work on finding a place that can hold us all.  If you would be interested (not necessarily committed, just interested) in attending, please let me know so I can try to find a place.  Also, if you have any date or time preferences, food preferences, or other suggestions (such as a place that can hold us all) please let me know as soon as possible.
 
5. Introductions- We’ve have had three more members post bios on the introductions page.  Here’s the link: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team/discuss/6680121/    
 
6. Promotions, Sales, Etc-  I have started a forum for posting promotions, sales, etc.  The forum can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team/discuss/6690955/
 
JetCreations: “I have been organizing a Secret Santa that you can sign up for until Nov. 27th, on the message boards at:
http://scetsy.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=promos&action=display&thread=335

There is also a Business Card Promotion being organized by Megan of Haute Interiors LLC that you can sign up for at:
http://scetsy.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=promos&action=display&thread=343 “
 
If anyone else would like to share any promotions or sales please let me know or post it in the forums.
 
7. Team Tag-  We have voted!  The team tag is officially “FamouslyHot”  So get out there and start using it! J
 
8. Shop Advice and Feedback Section- We still have some questions in the forums that need answering: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team/discuss/6689148/  Thanks CreativeDimensions for helping out with some of those questions!
 
9. New Item Promotion- New items from local shops have been listed here: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team/discuss/6681701/
 
 
This Week’s To Do List-  
a. Check out the forums on the team page: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team
b. Let me know if you offer free local pickup/delivery/shipping so I can put you on the list.
c. Let me know if you would like to be a featured seller.
d. Let me know if you know of any opportunities for a group sale.
e. Let me know if you would be interested in a holiday party and if you have any suggestions for it.
 
 
Well, I think that’s it for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!
 
 
Love,
Megan
PaperCadence
www.PaperCadence.Etsy.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment