Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Weekly Email 12-7-10

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all are doing well! ^_^

We’re up to 122 members!  Our group is really growing fast!  Thank you everyone and welcome all new members!!!

Sorry it has been a while since the last email.  I’ve been really busy with exams and everything, but most importantly I’ve been waiting to write until I found a restaurant and time for our holiday dinner.  And I have!!!   

Columbia’s Famously Hot Etsy Team Holiday Dinner/Party:
When:                          Monday, December 13, 2010 at 6:00pm
Where:                         Olive Garden on Harbison Boulevard
Who’s Invited: Everyone! Spouses, significant others, and children are invited too!
What To Bring:             Money to cover food (plus about 20% gratuity) for yourself and your guests. (You are responsible for paying for all food and drinks for you and your guests).
And a $5-10 wrapped gift from your shop for the gift exchange.
RSVP:                          Please RSVP to me by no later than Friday, December 10 at 6:00 pm.
I need to have an accurate count of the number of guests in order to reserve our space.
Note:                            There will also be a gift exchange for team members.  Everyone please bring a $5-10 wrapped gift from your shop.  Gifts will be exchanged at the beginning of the dinner.
                                    If you need directions, please email me and I will be happy to send them to you.

I’m very excited and hope to see all of you there!!!


Alright, on to the list of business topics to cover:

1.      Free Local Shipping/Pickup/Delivery- Several of our team members have offered free local pickup:


            Let me know if you would like to be added to the list!


2.      Team Blog-  I have started a team blog.  I will be posting the weekly emails there along with other archived information.  http://columbiasfamouslyhotetsyteam.blogspot.com/


3.      Local Sales-

Clemson/Sandhills is having a holiday show in place of their farmers market on Tuesday Dec 14.
http://www.clemson.edu/public/rec/sandhill/


“This is for an up coming Beauty pageant called Carolina Christmas that is open to all ages on Dec. 11 in Hardeeville, SC. Exit 8 on I95. The website is www.bftpageants.com
Our email is Beaufortpageants [!at] hargray.com
Tables are only $25 each (can be paypaled)
If you would like more information you can email me to the address above or call Christine Johnson 843-321-1620 and leave a message and I will call you back”

There will be lots of vendors there...A great thing for last minute shoppers :)


jellykoe says:
I have a friend who's putting on a small Y-Art sale at the corner of Rosewood Dr. and Etiwan in Columbia.
It's Dec. 11 from 9-2 and anyone is welcome to come sell, just bring your own table.
Hope to see some of you there.


We'll be at the Lexington Leisure center Christmas craft show on Saturday, Dec. 11.
http://www.lcrac.com/events
Applications are closed for this year, but you may want to stop by and see if this might be a good fit for your business next year. If you come, stop by the Bede Sisters booth and say hi. I'd love to meet you all.

There is a Holiday Fair this Saturday in Pelion from 10-5pm I am participating in.  This will be my first year so I don't have any idea about the traffic or sales #'s. 

If you have any questions please send a message to PaperCadence and she will forward the contact information on to you.



3. Promotions, Sales, Etc-

I am being featured in a blog right now with a promotional give away of a hand painted silk ornament. Here is the link.
http://theromantictype.blogspot.com/2010/11/uniq-by-jaidra-interview-and-giveaway.html


I wanted to write and tell you about a little fundraiser I offered a coworker to help her purchase a laptop computer soon.  She has started college after turning 40.  She has two jobs and is going to Midlands Tech at night and just can't add the cost of a laptop into her budget.  She's having a hard time finding hours to be at a library using the public computer. 
           
If you read my blog post at calicodaisy handmade, you can find information about purchasing a monogrammed pillow cover helping me help Lynda save for a laptop.


This Week’s To Do List-
a. RSVP TO HOLIDAY DINNER!!!
b. Check out the forums on the team page: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6698/columbias-famously-hot-etsy-team
c. Let me know if you would like to be included on the free local pickup list.
d. Check out the team blog.


Well, I think that’s it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

Love,
Megan
PaperCadence
www.PaperCadence.Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment